Effective Date: 9/8/2023
Last Updated: 9/8/2023
We Respect Your Privacy
Collection of Personal Information
We may collect and store personal information from our members and website visitors for the purpose of maintaining our association's activities, providing information and support to Cochlear Implant recipients, and improving our services.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
We may collect personal information from you through various means, including but not limited to:
- Membership application forms
- Online registration for events, workshops, and newsletters
- Correspondence through email, phone, or in-person interactions
- Surveys and feedback forms
- Social media interactions
- Cookies and website analytics (see "Website" section below)
Use of Your Personal Information
We use the collected personal information for the following purposes:
- Communication regarding events, activities, and news related to Cochlear Implant recipients
- Providing support and resources to our members
- Processing membership applications and renewals
- Improving our services and understanding the needs of our community
We may contact you by a variety of measures including but not limited to phone, email, SMS or mail.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties only under the following circumstances:
- With your consent
- When required by law or regulation
- To service providers assisting us in carrying out our activities (e.g., event management, mailing services)
- When necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of our members, website visitors, or the public
Security of Your Personal Information
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, misuse, or disclosure. Your information is stored securely and only accessible to authorised personnel who require it for legitimate purposes.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Access to Your Personal Information
You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you and to request corrections if necessary. To request access or corrections, please contact us using the details provided in the "Contact Us" section below.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services, or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Links to Other Sites
Complaints About Privacy
If you have concerns about how we handle your personal information or believe we have breached the APPs, please contact us using the details provided in the "Contact Us" section below. We will investigate your complaint and respond in a timely manner.